Quality replacement inner fender (aprons)

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I just bought an entire set of inner fender aprons for my (non K) fastback and they are complete crap. Does anyone know who is making or selling quality aprons?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Out of the 4 aprons I bought to restore my '65 Fastback, only one fit perfectly which was the left front. I wish I knew who made it, so I guess I can't help you. The others took quite a bit if time trimming and fitting but they came out pretty darn good for a novice.

As a whole, I've had some Dynacorn and American Designer parts fit like a glove and some that were just awful. Interestingly, the "American Made" outer wheelhouses that I bought were absolute crap and it took an offshore outer wheelhouse to fit correctly.

Also, it is pretty bad when the vendor's body shop where I bought the parts from tell you, "those never fit correctly, we cut them up and weld them back together for them to fit." I've even had the VP of Dynacorn mad at me because I emailed him about the crappy shock towers they supply.

I could go on and on but you get the idea.

--Mark

• Progress today was to temporarily screw everything on the driver side. I then mounted and aligned the door. This took a bit of effort. Then a bit of work and the fender was back on. Looks pretty good, next I will remove the fender and put a few tack welds then move on to the pass side.

• Hey Mike keep us posted on your progress. You have gotten further than I did with this. I can't even find a place that sells the fender aprons. There is a NOS one on ebay for 199.00. That is for just one panel.

Gary

• I have an NOS Ford left front apron if you need it.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I have an NOS Ford left front apron if you need it.

-Fred-

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Thanks Fred. That would be a start. How much do you want for the apron?

Gary

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!