65/66 Mustang Grille Moldings

• Repro's are horrible, that's why NOS cost so much. The repro can be dented by just pushing down on the clip areas when you pop them in place... not to mention the fact that the curvature leaves something to be desired.

Restoring an original pair will most likely cost more than NOS, since this consists of re-anodizing. You might consider good used if you don't have the stomach for NOS prices... which are about $200-300 a pair.

• I agree with Caspian. I ordered a pair of repos, and both sides had deep scratches in nearly the same place (still in the plastic packaging). I think that most reputable parts houses know these repos are weak. Texas Mustang refunded me no questions asked.

I ended up taking really fine steel wool to my originals, and they turned out surprisingly nice. If you have decent trim to start with, you might want to give it a try.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

The repro can be dented by just pushing down on the clip areas when you pop them in place...

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Charles is right... more like "WILL BE DENTED." I used them but saved my originals for the future.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!