• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

FYI: Hi Po washer #C3OZ-6378A is 0.32" thick, standard washer is 0.21"

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

My copy of the Ford MPC must be wrong on the dimensions. It lists the standard 289 B8A-6378-A washer as 0.212" thick but then says the C3OZ-6378-A HiPo washer is only 1/8" (0.125") thick.

Interesting that in the one on ebay right now listed above, the seller says the thickness "looks to be a hair under 1/4 of an inch" which matches 0.21" I wonder if the MPC got the thickness dimensions reversed or is the HiPo really 0.32" thick? Does anyone have a known original HiPo one handy to measure?

Dave
    6S1757

• I'll check my original tonight and post the size and maybe a picture.

It helps that my engine is on the stand right now!

I think I might even have a regular 289 or 302 washer in my excess part bin - I'll check.

I can say from memory that the HiPo washer is VERY thick - so I believe the larger thickness number.

By the way eBay item number 150088396849 is listed as a HiPo washer - and probably the one under discussion here - it does NOT appear to be the correct HiPo washer to me.

Edited by - RalphJr on 02/09/2007 16:06:30

• 289 Hipo

WASHER-CRANKSHAFT DAMPER

Heat treated SAE-1038 Steel

Engineering part # C3OE-6378-A

Nominal diameter: 1.76"

Nominal thickness: 0.32"

Hole diameter: 21/32"

• Thanks for that info Tom. Just had a look at the original on my car and it's definitely thicker than 1/4" and the OD is in line with Tom's info and wider than the one on ebay above.

Dave
    6S1757

• The 289 HiPo washer measures .310" thick on my micrometer. There is no specific reason for the thicker washer other than high rpm reliability. The thicker washer deforms less, therefore more stable, and in the HiPo world "more" is better.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!