• i have a 4100 non-hipo of a 66 a code car. i want to get have a hipo conversion done to this carb and rebuilt well. (set up on running engine, etc..) i know pony carbs does it for TO much $$$$. any other suggestions?

right now i have a holley 715 and the car runs ok, but i think from reading this msg board, most agree the autolite is better than the 715.

• Bill... I bought a conversion kit off ebay to convert one of the carbs on my 3x2 from auto choke to manual. Check on ebay and see if you can find it. If not, I will dig my up and give you the details on it.

Gary

• This has nothing to do with carb conversion, but after my experience with Kurt today, I wouldn't trust him...to touch my carb. I have been trying to call him for several days to make arrangements to have my carb restored. He never answered his phone, nor did he return voice mail. I tried a couple more times today, and finally got an answer, and he jumped my a$$ for calling him 12 times. (Dude, don't post your...phone number on your web page if you don't want people calling you.) Anyway, after I listened to him...and then hang up on me, I decided I'd rather pay Pony the big bucks to do my carb. Kurt, you can shove it... Attitudes like yours I don't have to and won't deal with.

Edited by - 66KGT on 01/26/2007 16:58:51

Edited by - SixT5HiPo on 01/28/2007 20:55:31

• Wow, sorry that it didn't work out for you. I had him do some work a couple of years ago and he was courteous, priced right, and did a very nice job. Maybe things have changed in the last couple of years. Sorry, I was just throwing another possibility out there.....

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Another aside: have any of you guys ever had carburetor parts powder coated? I understand that it's an alternative to "correct" replating.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I had the Holley reissue 715 LeMans bowl carb I'm running blueprinted by DaVinci Carbs (Texas) and they put a "ceramic" coating (their words) on it that is really nice, looks suspiciously like powder coating to me. It does look a lot like the factory Holley plating and is very durable. Dirt, oil, gas, etc. just wipes right off.

Dave
    6S1757

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!