TRUNK LID AND REAR VALANCE

• My 66 k fastback was built the last part of AUGUST 65.what dack lid should it have? Large square holes or the small round ones in the braces on the back.Did all 66 have backup lights or not?Was it still an option?Did any of the GT's have the qtr trim?The 3 fingers? Thanks

• GTs did not have the side chrome simulated scoops.

In '66 back-up lights were mandatory, but I guess it could be conceiveable the first few cars may have not received them, but I have never heard of any discussion or documentation indicating so.

I can't answer the deck lid question.

• It is my understanding from a few Gold Judges that the 1966 trunk lids had the circles, but 1965 did not. I am not sure when the cut off date would be...

mwm

• I would guess that you would have had the "66 type lid. There is a date stamped on the inside shell. near the edge close to the rear window. passenger side ormally. you can always tell if the lid belongs with the car by that date stamp. Look over some cars built at that time and your question will be answered. the two lids are quite different once you see them side by side. the "66 type was made for years and was the replacement crash part serviced by Ford. The "66 is far more common then the "65 style.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Thats what I needed to know. Thanks

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>65 has a sction with no reinforcement.66does

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!