Question re interior for 66K code cvt.

• I have Art Trantafello's Interior Restortion Guide for 1964 1/2 - 1970 Mustangs. On page 75, he has indicated the correct Interior Decor Group options for the various exterior colors. For example, he lists for Raven Black ext. color the interior options of Red, Black, Emberglo and Parchment, Aqua and White, Ivy Gold and White, and Parchment w/ Black Appointments.

My questions: What is the difference between ("color" and " color") and ("color" w/ "color" appointments)? Does anyone have photos of these two color combos? Where is the best source for these interior kits?

Thanks,

Bill

• My understanding of this lingo is:

Color and color means 2-color seats with appointments being the first color.

Color with color appointments means one color seats but the dash, door panels and possibly the rally pac were the second color.

• Interior Decor Options refer to the commonly called "Pony Interior". I would assume that the first color is the primary color of the seats, the second color is the inserts on the seats, and the appointments apply to the dash pad, carpet and seat belt color.

It is interesting to note that many of the color combinations that you see today were not available from the factory. I see a lot of Red Pony seats with white inserts. These were never offered by the factory. Red Pony seat only came in solid red or red/red.

• Thanks for the input!

Now, I have some tougher questions for you all!

But first, a little background.

My K-Code, in it's original guise was Code-Z Sauterne Gold Met. with a white top and Std black interior. This combo may have been okey in 1966 but, today, I think, a K-code Mustang should have a more masculine (my wife agrees) and aggressive image. To this end, I'll be changing the ext color to something darker and more dramatic with a "Pony" interior as long as it was a factory offered combo/option.

Here are my questions:

1. Were all 1966 Mustang interior and exterior colors (see Ditzler Index No. 10) offered on K-Code cars?

2. Were Factory Dashpads offered in all interior colors?

3. Where's the best source for dashpads?

Hopefully, I'll have some photos to share with you all shortly.

Thanks,

Bill

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

1. Were all 1966 Mustang interior and exterior colors (see Ditzler Index No. 10) offered on K-Code cars?

2. Were Factory Dashpads offered in all interior colors?

3. Where's the best source for dashpads?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

1-Yes, K code has no bearing on interior options

2-Dashpads were not optional

3-NOS is the best

• Thanks!

What were factory dashpad colors? All I've seen are black, blue, red and burgundy. Is that it? I assume the burgundy would be the pad to go with an Emberglo interior?

What's a good source for NOS parts?

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Thanks!

What were factory dashpad colors? All I've seen are black, blue, red and burgundy. Is that it? I assume the burgundy would be the pad to go with an Emberglo interior?

What's a good source for NOS parts?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Aqua, palomino, dark green. Maybe 1 or 2 others. Burgandy goes with emberglow interior.

Keep an eye on ebay for NOS dashpads.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!