Zoom Clutch Kit

• New Zoom 10 inch high performance clutch kits.

New 3 finger Long style pressure plate (like OEM)

New HD performance organic sprung disc

HD throw out bearing

Clutch aligning tool

$199 delivered in 48 states USA.

International delivery available.

291-861-1214 days

or e-mail anytime

monymkrssla@aol.com

Thanks

• I bought one of the Zoom purple clutch setups for my first Hipo Mustang back in 1974 and it was so strong I could hardly push the pedal down, and it ended up breaking the Z bar.......

• In the early 70s I used to run the Zoom Perfection American 10.5" w/3500# pressure plate. Great unit and some racers would weld 2 Mustang pivots together for more rigidity. Before bracket racing, made many folks switch to automatic, this was the hot-setup. Used to love to get tire chirp into 2nd 3rd and 4th w/a 4.56 rear!

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I bought one of the Zoom purple clutch setups for my first Hipo Mustang back in 1974 and it was so strong I could hardly push the pedal down, and it ended up breaking the Z bar.......

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

even the stock clutches were hard on the z bars. many reports in the SAAC registry of GT-350's still under warranty with bent z bars. And later on, once the bushings in the pedal hanger & those in in the z bar began to wear, the problem was even worse.

Z.

Edited by - zrayrichter on 05/10/2011 22:20:34

• since installing our new CF clutch PP

from NPD

we have also noticed a look more pressure on the clutch pedal

one has to be careful when letting it out!!

iowa

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

since installing our new CF clutch PP

from NPD

iowa

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I would think that these strong clutches would make the cars not so enjoyable to drive like we do today.

since installing our new CF clutch PP

from NPD

iowa

everything else new ? hanger bushings, z bar bushings, etc. ? did you have the flywheel resurfaced ?

usually the centerforce clutches, even the dual friction one, are no more difficult to operate than the stock clutch, and often are easier.

when I was using the dual friction clutch the action was easy enough, but the engagement was sudden. So I had to let it out slowly to avoid a burn out. Is this what you are experienceing ? I attributed my "in-or-out" clutch to the fact that I neglected to have the flywheel resurfaced (supposed to be manditory). After a few hundred miles the action became less severe.

Z.

• I certainly wasn't bashing the Zoom product, there are probably more than 1 pressure plate (rating)on the market.....I was 16 years old when I bought my first one and had absolutely no idea what it was execpt a Purple NEW clutch setup....

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!