WTB: '65 Wiper Blades

• I need 2 1965 Wiper Blades, rubber inserts unimportant, looking for a nice set of used ones, again from a 1965 which are polished and are mostly flat as opposed to the repros which are kind of rounded.

I am not 100% sure if they have "TRICO" on them or not, but the originals were made by Trico.

Edited by - 6hypo5conv on 01/13/2011 09:01:51

• Guys, I have located a set of blades from a member on the VMF where I also did a WTB post.

BUT,Now I find that I have an incorrect repro set of ARMS-they are correct in that they are the "hooded" type (chrome there) then they go to a stainless for a bit then to a satin finish-I am told original hooded '65s used chrome at the hooded part then went stainless (shiney) all the way to the blade.-Anyone got a decent set of correct arms? apparently the repros on the market including Scott Drake are not accurate. Thanks!

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

-I am told original hooded '65s used chrome at the hooded part then went stainless (shiney) all the way to the blade.-Anyone got a decent set of correct arms? apparently the repros on the market including Scott Drake are not accurate. Thanks!

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Reproductions are fairly accurate, but they are not stamped "Trico" on the back (difficult to see if on the car.) The repros are available with early style mounting ends and "hooded" ends. The entire assembly is polished/shiney. There is also an all satin version for later production.

Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll try to post pictures.

I guess it depends on how particular you are or how far you want to go, but most original arms are pitted on the chrome end. There are Corvette guys that rechrome and rebuild them, but it is not cheap.

Edited by - club 33 on 01/16/2011 09:40:06

• Brant, Thanks for the info as always!

Do we know when the change (in '65) was made from the smooth ends to the hooded ones? may be my car doesn't require the hooded...mine is Dearborn July 27th 1965 scheduled build date....

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Brant, Thanks for the info as always!

Do we know when the change (in '65) was made from the smooth ends to the hooded ones? may be my car doesn't require the hooded...mine is Dearborn July 27th 1965 scheduled build date....

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I replied in the other thread too. Not sure when the change was made in the various plants, but a late car like your July '65 would definitely have the "hooded/flanged" style with no threaded shafts (i.e. no chrome bezels and nuts) for the wiper posts.

There may be a possibility (probably was) that some cars that did not have the threaded shafts for the bezels and nuts could have used the earlier arms though...never say never. I would say by July '65 though, your car would have the hooded/flanged arms.

I know that my late March '65 San Jose car has the bezels and nuts (use the "straight" ended arms.)

Here is a picture of the earlier style:

[Blocked Image: http://lh4.ggpht.com/_FhFCoO_tIME/TTNVOPA493I/AAAAAAAASoc/2zOUYAmu0mE/s640/DSCN1384.JPG]

Edited by - club 33 on 01/16/2011 15:32:49

Edited by - club 33 on 01/16/2011 15:34:36

Thanks Brant!! Do you carry a decent quality repro of the '65 hooded/flanged arms? Drake?

I put the links in the other thread.

I have a nice used set of wipers (trico) if you are still looking.

Thanks!! I believe I have a line on a set, but will keep you in mind if the deal falls through, I appreciate the reply!

• I have a June 2 1965 San Jose FB K code. Wonder what type mine would have had. I was looking on All Classic Mustang and I thought 5/3/65 was the date when the chrome nuts and bezels were discontinued on the wiper transmission arms.

Wallace

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!