Sill plates for 64.5 Convertible

• Believe used is your only option.

Do recall someone posting on some forum that they had altered some closed car sill plates (still not easy to find) into convertible ones that they needed

• I believe the owner took a pair of coup/FB and had them bent to vert specks. The square ones were used into early 65 so finding them is not to difficult. Finding nice ones is though.

• Thanks for the info.

I currently have a set of 64.5 coupe sills and I have been advised that they could be bent and make to work/fit.

I would be willing to trade the coupe sills for correct convertible sills. Does anyone know the correct parts number for the 64.5 convertible sills?

Again thanks for you help.

• The original part number for 64 1/2 convertible sill plates is C5ZZ 7613208 A. They are the same part number for both sides.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Anyone looking for NOS conv sill plates with rounded corners and blue Ford decals? I have three pairs and no convertible car. I have later 65 fastbacks and would like to trade for parts I could use for my cars. Paul

• Thanks Fred

Having the correct parts number will assist me in my search. Is the parts number on the back side of the sill?

I believe that the Ford emblem on the early sill plates were always Black. Is that correct?

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Thanks Fred

Having the correct parts number will assist me in my search. Is the parts number on the back side of the sill?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I don't recall ever seeing a part number stamp in an original. None of mine do

• Normally in that era the part number was in the form of a sticker. I do however have NOS coupe and fastback scuff plates where the part number is stencilled in large black characters much like the way red oxide sheet metal was done. I have seen this several times over the years. The latest versions for the coupe and fastback from Ford came in boxes to protect them. The convertible versions never came in boxes and are generally not perfect because of this. The 64 1/2 convertible version was replaced by the later version before January of 1967 making this a very short run for service replacement parts.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!