Need San Jose Radiator W-MO 10 65

• A friend of mine has one. He pulled it from his hipo when it sprung a leak at the top seam. Dosen't need a recore just some sodering and wouldn't hurt to get it vated. Last time I asked he wanted $550 for it but that was afew years ago. If you are interested I will get it and post some photos.

Larry

• Thanks Larry,

Just saw that the date code was in the header of this post.

Should have seen that. 6S923 was scheduled for Jan.12, 1966

based on the Ford number so an Oct. 65 radiator would be fine.

This came out of a Mustang, correct?

/Bo

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Larry, PM back to you

Ray

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Reply sent!

Larry

• Thanks for the update Bo!

Ray, per instrutions from the owner of the radiator you have till midnight tonight to let me know something or I will see if the next in line wants it.

• Larry,

I thought I had the one in Australia bought for a lot less than yours. The last Phill told me was that he was getting shipping rates and would let me know the tab. Sounds like he was dealing also with your Bos friend in Sweden.

Larry, I can not give your price at this time but will sure keep you in mind.

• My daughter bought a house that was a foreclosure and I was dealing with broken waterpipes and drywall work and was away from the computer most of the weekend.

I wasn't sure what happened. When I settled back to the computer. I posted a want and got two responces at the same time. I replied promptly to each party and thought I had my pick on either offering as it was my want ad.

I think I got played by the Australian. He finally sent me an e-mail today to say that the item sold as he was in the process of getting me some shipping quotes. He should never have offered the top to me if he had a deal pending with you.

What I saw was me making an appeal for a radiator and two guys guys jumping on to the thread-drivng up interest-asking to get in line. Price goes up with interested buyers lining up and taking numbers.

Sadly a "wanted" ad can sometimes become a discussion thread and soon the thread is hijacked from the original posting.

That 10 65 radiator was not right for Shane who wants a radiator for his '65 Mustang. And is is really too early for the Feb 66 built SFM923. I have taken time to look under the hoods a handful of orignal cars and have studied date codes a bit. I know there are exceptions but really a radiator date code should be just as close as the rest of the MAJORITY of sheetmetal. 30-60 days is a good AVERAGE.

I have ck'd with the owner of a car 4 digits from away from my serial numbered Nov 65 car and he had a 10 65 radiator and that is what I based my appeal for.

I'll keep looking for a straight top and if I can't find a straight top I will try to buy Larry's friends. I have some time.

I like a few others here seem to like to keep our dealings on the Private Meassage basis and there is a reason.

No hard feelings,

Ray

Edited by - poboy427 on 02/17/2010 19:34:12

• Ray,

When I saw the ad on another forum I wrote him a message immediately.

He later told me that he had some other people interested as well.

10 65 Fits perfectly for 6S923 as the scheduled build date at San Jose was Jan 12th, 1966.

Hope you find one soon. These are more common as you can use 6-cylinder top tanks as well. More problematic with the one marked G2

and C4ZE. Very rare. Early May 65 cars have 3 65 dated radiators.

/Bo

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!