'65 Convertible quarters

• I've always been confused by the "full" vs. "skin" quarter terminology. I have only seen Ford service the quarters one way, and that is with the end sections spotted onto the quarters (the area where the extension attaches). Otherwise, cannot see any reason to differentiate between full or skin.

• I've looked at the quarters on Ebay-everyone I speak to seems to think these will cost $1500. each, I have found that they were made in 1978-service replacements I guess??

Is the part number correct that is stamped on the back?

Anyone else bidding on them? I really need them but don't want to step on anyones toes.

• Guys, I got the quarters last night!! $1250. each plus they are only 90 minutes from my restorer and seller will deliver with 1/2 down and 1/2 at time of delivery for $150 delivery which avoids the chance of them being damaged by a shipping company.

• Guys, Just a short update: The Ebay seller of the quarters delivered them on Saturday to my restorer, and the head sheet metal guy inspected them and found them in perfect shape, and exactly what was advertised, and he was impressed too!! plus the seller called me to say everythink went ok and that the quarters were in fact delivered.

In case anyone wants to know the seller's name is Mike Kozar, of Lakewood, Ohio.

• Congratulations! That is the way all Ebay deals should go. Unfortunately not all Ebay deals go that well. I still have an NOS later production 65-66 convertible left quarter if somone needs it.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!