HEH-BX Transmission

• I have one for sale. Has the bellhousing and shifter with rods and levers. Shift boot and knob present. Shift fork as well. I have not opened it to look inside (yet). Was from a running car that was parted over fifteen (15) years ago! I did look it over and was under the idea that the vin was stamped on the boss near the mount. This area is clean! Is there another place it could have been stamped?

$2,000.00 AND will consider trades, up or down.

In San Diego, CA.

Shipping extra!!!

NO other associated parts available!

Been working on/parting out/and rebuilding these Classic Mustangs since 1989... All in the dry South West/San Diego, CA.

• Mike, My tranny has the vin stamped on the bottom of the main case. I think the bottom is the location for Dearborn cars, and the boss by the mount was for San Jose cars, but others will know for sure.

Jay

• Thanks for the response! Are you talking about the main area of the case, or on an edge?

Mike

Been working on/parting out/and rebuilding these Classic Mustangs since 1989... All in the dry South West/San Diego, CA.

• Thanks to all that inquired on this transmission. It has been sold as of this weekend......

Mike

• <font face='Comic Sans MS'>The VIN on my tranny is stamped on the bottom of the main case's rear flange that the tail shaft housing bolts to. Not original to my car, it was sourced from a '65 San Jose (Milpitas) hipo coupe.

Don't know if the various production plants defined their own unique location, or just whatever surface happened to be facing up when it was time for the VIN to be punched in.

</font id='Comic Sans MS'>

[Blocked Image: http://s4.tinypic.com/30w2jyw_th.jpg]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!