289 hipo fan

• Hello; the current repop HP fan from Tony Branda is not that great. Look for one of the ones he repopped back in the 1980's. They are a much better piece than what he sells now. Joe.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Hello; the current repop HP fan from Tony Branda is not that great. Look for one of the ones he repopped back in the 1980's. They are a much better piece than what he sells now. Joe.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

What exactly is wrong with it?

--Mark

• I've seen one of these repops at Mustangs Unlimited.

Rivits are wrong, blade shape is wrong, no weights - and MADE IN CHINA.

IS it worth $100 - not in my opinion - it isn't close enough to my original.

The '80's repops are pretty good - US made by the same compnay that made the originals.

These occasionally show up on ebay for $100-150 - cheaper than originals which now go for $500+ - and that is about what I paid for an original a year ago.

If your budget is a concern - but you want to at least look close this fan will do - but I would check the balance once it is installed to make sure it spins true and won't hurt your water pump bearings.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Rivits are wrong, blade shape is wrong, no weights - and MADE IN CHINA.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Of course lots of original blades didn't have weights either.

Dave
    6S1757

• the biggest problem I see with the repops is that they are all stell, while my originals have aluminum blades, I unfortunately paid 125 for my repop when they first came out, and havent used it because its so heavy, and not balanced Im afraid what it may do at high rpm.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!