289 R Model Crank

• I have a NOS R model 289 Hipo Shelby crank that I want to sell.These were done for Shelby at great expense but I will take $1000 OBO?

• They were hand picked and raced prepped for hard use.The biggest difference is they were tuftriden and grooved.I understand that the brinnell test had to be better then 72.I've only seen 7 of these cranks in 35 years of racing and are hard to find.One last year brought $2600

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Don't really appreciate the comment as I pay what I think something is worth and no more.Never have and never will!

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

seemed to me the comment was meant to be humorous.

Z. Ray

• Somewhere in all the old magazines I have is an article on the GT350 race engine builds in period. The article doesn't show every part or modification but I do believe it shows the grooved mains on the crankshaft.

I don't know the whys and why nots but SA used a blueprinted stock oil pump with a shim under the internal pressure relief spring. They raised the relief pressure (the pressure at which the bypass valve opened) but not volume. I have long wondered how oiling was with a grooved crank, grooved bearing inserts, and a stock volume oil pump UNLESS they didn't use grooved main bearing inserts??

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!