HIPO fuel pump 3939S with wrong Actuator Arm

• Hi,

Does anybody have a fuel pump actuator arm that allows 2 springs to be used? I have a 3939S rebuilt by ford but it only has one spring on the top side. The arm doesn't seem to have the notch for the second spring to sit correctly?

If I find an original arm, can it be replaced on the unit by removing the pin without taking apart the unit? I have an original spring but wrong arm to mount it in?

Let me know,

Wally

Edited by - wallace on 12/17/2008 17:37:12

• This is a subject with which I am all too familiar. The arm that you seek will be very, very tough to find and you can read about in my posts on the Restoration topic of this forum. I have attached a link below:

http://www.hipomustang.com/hpmx/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7661

I was unable to find cores much less any parts for this project so this one will be tough. I figure that the dimple in the arm can be made and I have devised a way to do that. The arm is a trick in itself to remove and I made some special tools to facilitate that so as not to damage the pump. Some are easier to remove than others. If you send me your complete pump and spring I can get this done for you while I still have a proper sample arm to work with.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!