FoMoCo in oval circle or square??

• Ok have a question....I see parts that have a fomoco in a oval and some parts that have fomoco in a square and even have seen ford in an oval...what is the deal here when looking for original parts..I want to make sure I am getting correct parts.

Thanks guys!!

JImmy

Edited by - jbarela on 06/06/2008 10:51:56

• Ahh,,well right now I am looking at a hipo dipstick and have a choice of fomoco oval or fomoco square...would it be safe to say that all factory parts had a fomoco oval in 66?

Thanks

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

would it be safe to say that all factory parts had a fomoco oval in 66?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

No, not really. Are the engineering numbers the same on both dip stick tubes?

• Jimmy,

With the exception of 'ADD' and 'FULL', this is what I find:

1965 GT Fastback dipstick - no identification. Original engine has never been opened.

1966 GT Fastback dipstick - FoMoCo in an oval. Original engine rebuilt in 1990.

1966 hardtop, 289 'A' code, dipstick - no identification. I don't know the history of the car prior to 1986 when I bought it.

Spare dipstick hanging on cabinet door - no identification.

Jim

• the one we have in our shelby now has the Add on the bottom with two little circles as the marker to add..then two more little circles at the half way point and then two little circles with the word full above them...and a little E stamped above the word full but the E is turned sideways

ie.

ADD: : :FULL E

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!