Posting Pics Sticky Thread??

• Hello to the powers that be.

It appears that a lot of people ask how to post pics on this site when they join. Would it pay to have a sticky thread in the New Members area called "How to Post Pics"? On that thread we could add in whatever picture upload website we're using.

Just an idea.

Regards,

René

Edited by - rene.pilat on 11/27/2008 15:27:01

• Rene, that sounds like a great idea to me.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• The directions for posting pictures is explained in the site "FAQ" section. For your convenience, click here for the link.

To sumarize, because this site is hosted via a third party, we are <i>not</i> allowed to let users attach files, ie: pictures, <i>directly</i> to any posts. This is the case with most other online forums similar to this one. However, you may "hot link" to images using the <i>image</i> button on the post form, or by adding the image tags directly to the message field of your post. But first, you will have to <i>upload your images</i> to webspace provided by <i>your</i> ISP, or use a "free space" site, which is available from any number of online picture hosting services.

• Hi Gene.

I've read this and understand what you're saying. What you linked to however is the final part of the puzzle. I'm talking about how to upload pics to sites such as Tinypic and what other hosting sites that people use.

Quite a few new members may not know about sites like these and thought an explanation of how they work might help people out.

Qballll posted this to a new member:

<font color=red><BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>If you need help with pictures..

and they are in a file on your computer just go to:

http://tinypic.com/

Click on the "Browse"

then find the folder that the pictures are in on your computer

Click on The Picture that you want to post.

Click on "OPEN"

Click on the Green "UPLOAD NOW"

wait wait wait..

Under links to share, use the:

IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards

Looks like..

[IMG}http://i36.tinypic.com/2z68spz.jpg{IMG]

click on this line, then Right click "Copy" copy the line of text.

come back to the forum here and Right click "Paste"

paste the line in the text where you would like it.

when you use "Preview" you will see your picture then "Post New Reply"

</font id=red><hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I thought this was written brilliantly and is very easy to understand. This is what I was trying to get across but didn't explain properly. In this thread other users could add what website they use to "hot link" their pics.

Regards,

René

Edited by - rene.pilat on 12/10/2008 15:44:39

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!