WWT 1969 DZ 302 ENGINE FROM Z-28 CAMERO FOR 289 K

• Would like to trade original 1969 DZ Z-28 Camero 302 engine and original transmission for 1965 289k engine and transmission.

Z-28 motor has never been decked with original numbers. Block is .40 with aftermarket domed pistons on the original rods. Heads have been mildly ported. Crankshaft is the original crankhaft and is .10 .10

windage tray is original.

Missing are the original intake manifold, carb,and dist that I sold years ago. I currently can not locate the flywheel, clutch assembly and bellhousing, although I should still have them.

Transmission has the original shifter

and linkage less the handle.The transmission has never been rebuild and it works good with no noise.

If this is an inappropriate post please remove it without delay. Thanks.

• Hello, unfortunatly the only 289 I have I just rebuilt for my relatives car. However I have been looking for a DZ for my Z28. Would you be interested in selling outright? Can you tell me what the date code is? Thank You.

• Al:

Just brought my 69 SS Camaro back from Scottsdale. In some way, it has had a JA code '67 Vette 427 installed, or at leaast the short block, one of 16 L-88's made.

Since it is an X-55 car, it should have had a small block. 3.73 posi and M-21 are still there.

Have my last K engine, had 8 back-ups for 3 Fastbacks and GT-350's.

Fresh .0198 on the bores. 6B15, OEM 6B23 matching heaads, std crank, hatchet, narrow gear still on it, OEM rods and pistons, recent matching 6Bd dist and 2 21 6 exhaust manifolds, NOS damper, and matching timing cover with real cat iron water pump, not aluminum, + pulley, pan too & near NOS Bell with orange paint all over it.

Needs OEM fan and carb, Have NOS 4100 with choke, re-pop Branda fan B 84 and trade bait 4C30 intake, early K engine.

Balanced 60,000 miles and 43 years ago, on the heavy end of the rods. Worst modification.

Have jpg's of compomnents, headed for E-Bay when prices go back-up.

Plus friends with 3 Cobra shops, and I have them hot tank, hone or measure or the parts, especially 427 MR and SCJ parts.

So far, all perfect, except one 427 aluminum head might have had porosity on one water port? Was beefed-up, internally. Might have, did not leak when tested.

Right now K parts are dirt cheap on E-Bay.

Many Beat to XXXX, but cheap!!!

Have an LT-1 engine as well, except not made in '69.

Extra step, costly, $$, with Cobra shop has prevented any returns. 40K of Boss, SCJ and 427 MR E-Bay sales last year, cleaning out the bed of my '67 ElKY, for future sale.

Will down-size to 69 SS, 69 CJ & 70 SCJ mule or test/dyno car + modern cars, aluminum Jeep & Marine Tanks.

rick

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!