Intake Manifold

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

very early K car, Henry Ford II?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Uh, no... how about a regular ol' D code intake?

• Actually the D codes were impossible to order or receive up to June 30, 1964.

The only reason that I know: Conover's Cobra Ranch had a Poppy Orange convertible with new quarters in 1980. They were going to lien it for non-payment. I was the buyer for 5K. It was a D code and had no interest, until I was informed by Wayne how rare the car was in '64 and then. I had a K fastback there as well as another back-up car. I never touched A codes or C junk.

As soon as the owner heard I was going to pay Wayne, he came running with cash. Not really a convertible person.

'65 Dodge 426 and some Gold Sun '74 Bug were the excpetions. Both 4 speeds. add a BMW 325, never driven, and still in the fleet somewhere, now.

add 260's to the mix in the very early cars as well.

• Not sure I follow that. D code 64.5 production was probably around 30% of the total Mustangs built from March to August '64.

The D code is not much of an engine with dish pistons and low compression ratio. Factory rated at 210hp while the A code 225hp, when it was first introduced, had the same compression ratio as a K code at 10.5:1. It was later downgraded slightly, due to the addition of valve reliefs in the pistons to around 10.1:1 ratio, which required premium fuel like the K engine. A 2V C code was only 10hp less than a D code.

• I think the Mustang guide needs to take a trip, back to the future, via a Delorean? First dealer sale as I remember was a late year intro, coinciding with something called a World Fair. It was and is next to baseball team called "the Mets".

Another real life fact, was 3 speeds were every where in Poppy Red convertibles with D code option, later A codes in true 1965/66 cars. Yet 2 cars down: in 260/289 Falcons, and later 390 Fairlanes hyper-dermic linkage and a 2.32 1st gear.

What I like about the guide is the keen info on 271 hp production, just like G codes in '69 and '70!

Try finding VIN's on the pan rail, yet '63 Fairlanes had the K stamp.

I should also preface this was Metchuen production, as I was next to the infamous Mahwah R code plant.

Maybe San Jose and Dearborn took the 4 speeds and better engines? How's the guide with plant segmentation, districts and zones?

Edison is long gone, as well as Tetterboro, the EPA is still looking for Mahwah? Ford bailed as soon as the 25 year tax abatement ended.

Your neighborly, Japanese Corp owns it now; with Sheraton. They distibute electronics, obscure, small multi-national called SHARP ELECTRONICS, and dirt cheap products.

• Talk about a detour!

Cchesley if the manifolds above don't pan out let me know, I think have one but I'll have to get into storage to look.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!