Early 64-65 Hipo Block

• I have and early hipo block, casted 4-G-24, actually built on 4-K-22 B, with the Vin stamping of 5R08K1375XX. Does anyone have information to the whereabouts of the original convertible. I'd like to find the rightful car that this block belongs too. Otherwise, I may decide to sell the complete engine. It is a standard bore with everything minus the carburetor. I'm not in a hurry to sell, but do want everyones help if possible to find the car.

Thanks in advance.

• Hi, I'm new to this group, I just purchased an early 1965 fastback vin #5R09K165841 with an incorrect engine. The date codes on the car are 4H3, it was assembled on Dec.17, 1964. Please consider me for your early engine as the date code would be perfect. I also have a 1966 GT conv. that I have owned for 20 years and love dearly. I am a retired fireman and have been doing classic restorations all of my life. Thanks for your consideration and am looking forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, Gary.

• Hi, is this the same car that was listed on ebay (auction just ended early)? VIN 5RO9K165841? Is it still for sale? Does the car have the original engine? Thanks.

• glchypo,

The eBay ad said the block was VIN stamped - is this not true?

It is not unexpected for the block dates to lead the car build date by several months - especially since the engines were built in Cleveland and the sent truck or rail to California.

Have you looked for the VIN just above the oil pan rail on the passenger side of the block below where the ground cable bolts?

Have you pulled the oil pan yet?

If it really doesn't have the original engine sorry to hear the news - it looked like a cool original car with some history.

Blocks pop up from time to time, so keep your eyes open.

• I am the current owner of K/Code 5RO9K165841. I just wanted to post the info I have regarding the correctness of the car.

Before purchasing the K/Code I had a close friend and avid Shelby/Mustang collector "Rick Costa" of Orange County Ca inspect the K/Code. He is respected as a go to guy for all questions regarding Shelby's and Mustang K/Codes. After a close inspection of the car he found the block to be correctly date coded and to have the correct vin# in the correct location. I have the original registrations on the car back to 1966 and have it verified under the best in the industry that the K/Code is as correct as they come.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!