k code info on a 1963 fairlane

• sorry i know this site is about mustang k codes but i thought with this question being about a k code someone might have an answer. a lady a block from my parents house is selling a 63 fairlane hard top 500 sports coupe. she is saying its a k code car, but the trans is a auto. i told my father to get the vin and i hope to get it later today. but can u tell me if the k code could have come with a auto

• The first automatic in a Hipo Fairlane was 1964. A lot of Fairlanes were produced in Kansas City which uses a K for the assembly plant code. I have seen a number of times where Fairlane people advertised their cars as K cars not realizing that the second digit of the VIN is the assembly plant and not the engine code.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

The first automatic in a Hipo Fairlane was 1964. A lot of Fairlanes were produced in Kansas City which uses a K for the assembly plant code. I have seen a number of times where Fairlane people advertised their cars as K cars not realizing that the second digit of the VIN is the assembly plant and not the engine code.

-Fred-

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Thanks for the info Fred, You just settled a 30 yr dispute I have been having with my buddy about another freinds car in H.S.

Winning... lol

mike

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!