Anybody planning to attend the Midwest Mustang MCA

• Who here is attending the MCA national show in Des Moines, August, 2011? What are you planning to bring? I'm considering driving down my K code vert.

• I plan to be there but will probably take my 04 convertible to have the AC. The drive to Mustang,OK this year in the Koupe without AC was just too much for these old bones.

Jack

• Hey Jack - I guess that's my worry. Spend the money, carve out the time to go to a show that doesn't have any vintage Mustangs. Seems most of the shows these days are dominated by late model stangs. I understand your reasoning - I remember doing a 1000 mile trip in July in my convertible with heat index at about 100 degrees. Not comfortable, but memorable(:

Edited by - 66gtk on 11/02/2010 11:52:15

• 66gtk - The trip was fun even with the heat index up over a 100. We caravaned down with others in our club and it was cool to have people passing us on the interstate and then slow down and snap pitures of our cars with their cameras - I seriously doubt that it will be the same reaction in the 04. I would probably take my K again but the wife (boss) says she needs air and I am not even considering taking 2 cars. The Koupe drew a lot of curious onlookers and comments at the show so it was a good experience. I would love to see your car and will say hi if you make it.

Jack

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I most likely will attend the show, but doubt I would bring the '65 K convertible.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Ahhh...That would seal the deal for me if that beautiful Konvertible were to be scheduled for an appearance. That's what trailers are for - right??

• Hey 66gtk it will be great to see that k vert again as I did in Anoka MN last May(I believe it was).

I will be there with my GT500 67 Shelby tribute. My friend plans on bringing his 67 vertGT, 390 4-speed car (3 time Gold Winner).Trying to round up even a larger group of us Hawkeyes to head to Des Moines in August

• Yea, you will have to find my Kar outside of the regular cluster of 'stangs, as I would likely intend to keep it on display (not registered for the show) as part of my vendor display.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!