shipping international

• I have some Focus parts on E-bay that have generated interest in the UK and Germany. I had in the auction 'USA only' but these guys are begging, and that raises a flag. What are the pitfalls of international shipping? It wouldn't be so bad being out the parts, but 100.00 shipping costs would hurt. I would only accept paypal, don't think I could get burned there. Maybe these are hard to come by over there.

• As long as you get paid upfront its no problem.There are a few customs forms to be filled out before shipping.USPS will provide these forms to you when you get your shipping estimate.

• I agree with the other comments. I've shipped to Germany, Australia, and UK using USPS flat rate boxes and never had a problem.

Dave
    6S1757

• Let me give you the view from this end. As the others have said if you have the funds cleared by paypal incl the shipping you are covered.

I am indebted to all the guys in the USA whom I have purchased parts for my K and shipped them for me.

It would be impossible to do a restoration otherwise.

Hope this puts your mind at rest.

• Hi Guys, when you sell overseas the importer needs to know they are responsible for all shipping and customs (import) duty etc. If the item is too big for USPS then companies like UPS and FedEx are often used. These tend to be alot more expensive than the postal service.

Another option is for the buyer to arrange a shipping agent who imports cars and parts to their country using shipping containers. This is usually easier done by the importer than you.

Sometimes a US seller has a great deal with UPS or similar and can get shipping rates at a lower price than a regular customer and then pass on the benefit to the buyer.

Just make sure the importer knows their responsibilities and you should be OK. You get the money and the person waits until you send the items. To cover yourself with paypal send it via a trackable service( and insured) so you have proof of posting and arrival in the destination country. This should cover non arrival of

goods so you don't lose out financially.

I have bought from ebay US, from members on this site and just website sales in the US many times and would like to thank those who take the trouble to send overseas.

Hope this helps Thanks Eddie

• i shipped some things to germany last summer

that i needed on a jeep trip.

used flat rate boxes for around $50 apiece

the only problem my german friend had

was that all of them were opened

and they wanted him to pay tax

because they thought he had purchased

all this stuff on ebay

iowa

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!