Another Fuel Pump identification Question

• I know that there has been a lot of discussion about fuel pumps on this site so I am hoping that someone can help me identify a pump that I have and perhaps offer an opinion as to whether or not it is worth rebuilding.(depending on what it is supposed to fit) The pump in question is a button top unit that has cast in the left side the name "CAR BURE TER made in Canada" under the name... on the right side the casting is marked 0-1719 a date code of 3F8A and 4567S stamped into the mounting flange also the lever arm is stamped 177-220. I know that this isn't a HiPo pump... just wondering what it originally fit. Most of the pumps of this style generally had "made in USA" cast into the housing so this one has piqued my curiosity. can anyone help? <b></b>

• According to the Ford MPC this fits:

- 68 Fairlane 289, 302

- 69 Fairlane 351W

- 68 Mustang 289 (2V)

- 68-69 Mustang 302

- 69 Mustang 351W

- 68 Falcon 289

- 68-69 Falcon 302

Probably some truck applications as well.

Dave
    6S1757

• The date code is June 3, 1968. With that date code it would also fit a 68 GT350. The CARbureTER Made in USA casting seems to have ended in 1967 and replaced by CARTER after that with some of the CARbureTER Made in Canada found once in a while through 1971.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Thanks guys for the input... I was thinking that I would have it rebuilt but not sure who I should talk to and what the cost might be. If I remember correctly.... Fred, didn't you have access to a rebuilder and do you still do that sort of thing? (I know it must be time consuming and a pain)but if you still do rebuilding could you advise me as to the best approach and potential costs? Thanks

• Robert, I just sent you a PM regarding your fuel pump restoration.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!