New Guy doing a rotisserie resto on 66 K 2+2

• Greetings all! Just introducing myself. My dad and I have recently procured a '66 K fastback that we've known for 30 years and are doing a complete rotisserie resto on. The car has tremendous sentimental value to us in addition to it being a K so needless to say we are very enthusiastic about the next two years. I'm in the auto service business working at a VW dealership and so I've been put in charge of the mechanical portion and hope that the ekschange can help me overcome any hurdles I may come accross in the next little while as we perform the initial teardown. Once again, thanks for the great site.

Tom

• Tom - Welcome to the forum. It's always fun to have someone undertake a restoration and we look forward to seeing photos as you get going. If you are going to restore the car for authenticity be sure and capture images of any paint daubs, chalk marks, etc. as you encounter them and please share those too.

• Welome Tom,

I hope you have a complete K car and do not have to search for the parts.

Keep us informed of your progress and good luck on the restoration.

Jeff

• Official Post

Welcome to the forum, Tom. Your enthusiasm is a great thing to have when doing a restoration.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!