Shipping complete 9" assembly

• I have used ABF Freight. I had a long block send from AZ to AR and it was $175. I am sure a rear end will fall under the minimum shipping weight so you will pay the lowest set price.

The cheapest way to do it is drop off and pick up at the terminal. Take a pallet, put it in the back of a truck. Then put the rearend on it. Take some straps and winch er down. They will unload and load at the terminal. Easy

Another reason I like this way is you can ship it freight collect and the buyer (Iowa)will take care of the shipping when it arrives. You get paid before you ship. Win/Win.

Edited by - 5F09C on 06/26/2010 10:20:39

• I built a custom skid for the one I shipped. It really wasn't that expensive for the material, though I spent a bit of time putting it together (not too handy). A compact skid like this is easier to handle/transport than a full pallet. The buyer arranged for collect freight shipment to his business, and I delivered it to ABF. I don't think it was too bad though; maybe $100 NC to Louisiana.

[Blocked Image: http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/rockhouse66/AxlePallet.jpg]

• Thanks guys for the replies and pics so far! I guess everyone knows that "Iowa" (Dave) is buying my rear end assembly for his K code.

I'm thinking the pallate route will be what I'll end up doing but I am concerned about having it basicly open to any kind of damage from careless handling by the shipping company....

Any idea as to how much a complete '65 unit weighs?

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

"............I'm thinking the pallate route will be what I'll end up doing but I am concerned about having it basicly open to any kind of damage from careless handling by the shipping company........"

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

won't be that hard to build a 2 x 4 frame around the pallet & plywood it in.

Z.

• Has anyone shipped anything like this via UShip?

I have no real experiance with wood but I'm going to try & find a suitable pallate this week and then go from there......

Any guess as to weight of the rear itself fully dressed??

• hi

i finally found this thread

good ideas above

like the idea of an 'enclosed palette to protect it

as it is a beautiful work of art!!

we'll figure something out

thanks

'iowa' dave

• Yes, the rear end assembly is sold to Dave (Iowa) and will be shipped shortly-I really don't think the deal will fall through but just in case I'll keep you in mind.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!