AM/8 Track Radio

• I had this radio in storage and been thinking about selling it, but wanted to see if it worked or not. I took the cover off and found some writing on the inside.. Looks maybe like warranty work or something?? I don't know. Just wanted to share it, I thought it was interesting. I didn't get any sound out of it although I did get the light to work. I don't know anything about them, so I guess it could possible work with a little TLC. If I decide to sell it, I'm unsure of a price. Any suggestions??

[Blocked Image: http://i45.tinypic.com/206lc0w.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://i45.tinypic.com/mtkqo2.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://i50.tinypic.com/10ndkjo.jpg]

• Hi, These radios are unique to 1966 Mustangs (an option) the dash hole IS larger to accept this radio in the '66s that came from the factory with them, they were also STEREO and had (again unique) speakers in the lower front metal area of the doors for them.

The one you have looks great and complete and either a fine example of an original or a restored one.

To the right buyer of a '66 that needs one for their restoration (or may be someone who wants to cut their dash a bit on '66 I've seen these in working order bring over $700. you might try & get it to work/play before you offer it up for sale. NICE UNIT!!!

• I see them go on ebay for @$250 unknown if they are working to @$350 if they are working. Most of the higher range units do not have their wireing cut. The speakes and grills are usually also not there that 6hypo5conv spoke of, however the speaker grills are made repop. These speakers go in the doors and again like the dash, one will have to cut the doors to mounts them. There is also wireing from the doors to the 8track.

I have been watching them for some time looking for a steal, and have not found one yet.

Forgot to add: your unit looks very clean and if the wireing is not cut should fetch a nice price if sold. If you have the speakers, wireing and speaker grills you should fetch above my above price for $350.

Edited by - 5F09C on 02/21/2010 13:44:44

• I have one without any cut wires. It's been in my closet for

twenty years. Tested it when I bought it and it worked fine.

Probably needs to be tested again.

$500 takes it.

/Bo

• The two cut wires are radio power and radio lights, ground is supplied thru the chassis thru the bracket and connection to the dash. The blue-red wire is the light power thru the dash light dimmer circuit from a three socket block with a blue-red lead. The power comes from a black wire jumper assembly marked C6ZB-18A919-A from the same three socket block as the backup lights to a black wire pin on the radio. The two cut wire leads are the same as a regular AM radio and can be unsodered from an AM and reused. The three pin connector is for the speakers. Being it is intact is good. The odd pin is the right speaker, the middle is common (aka return) and the remaining one is the left speaker. The under dash speaker lead may be available or not, p/n C6ZB-19A041-A. It feed the door harnesses which is available.

Jim

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!