New member, Old guy with old car.

• <font face='Arial'></font id='Arial'>I have had my 66 since 1983. She has survived many life style changes, all mine. I restored the body back in 84 and rarely drove it, but it has ALWAYS been there. My uncle of 91 years (retired from Ford) always told me that "at least with a car, if she misbehaves you can always sell her and make your money back". This one's a keeper. It's been in storage for the last 10 years, started occasionally and taken around the block. This spring I plan to dust her off and drive. There are a couple of saftey items and a couple of update items on my list. Reinstall seatbelts and new tires for starters. I would appreciate info/recommendations on tires. The seat belts need refurbishing, any reputable restorers out there?

• Welcome to the forum, Robert.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Welcome aboard Robert. I take exception to the Old guy tag. I'm heading in that direction, but I refuse to be old Have a look on the forum, there was a topic floating around the last couple of weeks regarding the tyres. Seat belts have also been a topic around here, have a look under Research or Restoration. For all the old topics, on the home page on the far right you will see two yellow folder icons. The one on the furthest right with the A in it is an archive of all previous posts, or you can type in seat belts in the search area and see what comes up.

There's a lot of clever and helpful people in here, so enjoy the ride.

Regards,

René

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!