front conrol arm colours

• Silly question of the day -

My front suspension control arms are silver with black outer ends, one of the lowers is a recent replacement. Every underside shot I have seen of a restored car has black arms with silver outer ends. Does anyone know why mine appear to be reversed, ie aftermarket bits etc etc. Thanks

• Thats a nice thought but as I say 1 new arm and 1 older. When these arms are bought new are they one colour and is it up to the owner / fitter to paint them and someone got these back to front ?. Just curious to know as it puzzled me when I first saw them.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Thats a nice thought but as I say 1 new arm and 1 older.arms are bought new are they one colour and is it up to the owner / fitter to paint them and someone got these back to front ?.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Depends where and when they were purchased but today many of the reproductions are supplied with the complete arm black requiring the shop/owner to strip and redo if they want to get it closer to looking like an original

Edited by - J_Speegle on 03/17/2009 18:11:16

• Thanks Jeff. When i have to do any work round there I will strip and repaint. I dont see it as a big deal just wondered if there was an easy answer to my reversed colours. Cheers

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!