Car hauler trailer for Mustang??

• I am ready to have an enclosed trailer built to haul my '65 Convertible.

I do not have my car here to measure the clearance needed for the door to clear the fender of the trailer inside the trailer, anyone know how much clearance is needed??

And it has been highly recomended that I get the "side escape door" on the left side of the trailer, and I am inclined to agree with this, or else I won't be able to get out of the car once its inside the trailer, the only thing again is measurement.....most of these side escape doors on trailers I've seen are positioned over the fender.......is this about where it should go?? considering its a 24' trailer?? do I still need the "man door" on the right side?

Thanks for any imput!!

• I have just measured my '65 FB for you.

Distance from front bumper to rear edge of door = 114"

Gap to ground under open door = 12"

Distance from rear bumper to rear edge of door = 70"

Hope this helps

• I wish I had my car here to measure, but is there any way someone can measure the overall length of the car for me?

&Cobraboy: Is your suspension and tires stock? and did you by chance measure the door gap to the ground with a driver inside the car?? Thanks!

• I bought a 22' last year for my 66 K FB. More than enough length. Mine does not have a door over the wheel but I see how that would be a nice option. I just put a small cushion on the area of the trailer where the door hits and it's OK. Happy trails!

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I wish I had my car here to measure, but is there any way someone can measure the overall length of the car for me?

Thanks!

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Aproximately, 182 inches long (15 ft, 2 in), 52 inches high (4 ft, 4 in), 69 inches wide (5 ft, 9 in).

Jim

• I have 14" wheels with radial tyres that are the same diameter as a 695 - 14" crossply(25.3") so the car should sit at about stock height. But it may be a tad lower as the radial sidewall may bulge more than a crossply. I think springs both ends are stock, I was not in it when I measured it. If you are planning to open the door over a trailer wheelwell I would not make your wheelwell much more than 10" high to give adequate clearance. Come back if you need any more dims.

• Guys, Hey THANKS for all the help!!!! I was going to have a trailer built for me, but then I found an absolutely beutiful 2008 8.5 X 24 Pace Rallye LIMITED with a 10,400gvw loaded with options in perfect as new condition with under 6k miles towed and bought for just over half or the original selling price that was paid less that a year ago. Really nice trailer!!! fenders are only 10.5" tall, so I'm ready to go!!!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!