Bramick, new member

• I've been popping up here in there in the forum so I figured I'd formally introduce myself. Hi I'm Blake.

I'm in Dallas, Tx and on 3rd Mustang. My first car ever was a 66 GT Coupe. Unfortunately I didn't take a lot of pictures of it. It was a great daily driver, AC, Auto, and etc. When I left for college it just wasn't the type of car to load up full of stuff and keep the road hot so far away from home. So it got sold to a radio station and was used as a prize for some promotional event. It went north.. and that's about all I know.

My next mustang was a 94 GT Vert. http://www.flickr.com/photos/bramick/sets/911815/ It was a originally my mom's car, who didn't drive very much. It was good to me as well, but it had 100k miles by the time I sold it in 2004. It was just time for another car.

After having a 66 in high school I always wanted another classic stang. So my stepfather and I searched for about 2 years waiting for the "right" Fastback GT K car to come along at the "right" price. This brings me to my current car. I ended up with a 65K GT Fastback. http://www.flickr.com/photos/bramick/sets/72157604422139176/ I've had it for about 7 years now. It had 53,000 miles on the odometer. (However after finding out the car isn't a real GT I now question if this is original miles.) It's been a garage queen the entire time and now has 59,000 miles. If you're doing the math right now I'm 29. As some of you on the forum know I've been doing some research and documentation of the car to validate what's true and what's not. I'm a little disappointed to find out it's a GT conversion, but so far it seems to be a true K car. I'm definitely happy with the car, but considering it's not the car I thought I had I might not register it as an antique this year. Plus after staring at in the garage and only driving it to shows periodically I'm ready to get out and enjoy the car... not during the summer of course. It's too hot right now!

One thing I've been considering is adding an AC. Am I being foolish? I figure since it's not really a GT/original car I could at least add an AC, so it'll be more drivable. Hopefully that would make it more sell able too. Just a FYI, I don't plan to sell this car in the next decade or even after that.

I'm also debating about making this a daily driver, but because I live in downtown Dallas the idea scared the crap out of me. I figure as long as I insure it for a reasonable value I can live with any consequences of driving it more often. Or at least this is what I currently think, but that seems to be changing daily lately.

I'll keep you posted with new pics when I can get the car up on a rack to find the block and tranny #'s.

In the meantime any comments, thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

• Official Post

Being as your car is already incorrect in some ways, adding A/C is only going to make your driving more enjoyable. It is after all your car to enjoy as you please. If you have a problem mounting a proper Ford A/C pulley on the harmonic balancer, just contact me and I will tell you how to fix the problem. Everything else in the Ford system will work fine without modification.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!