New Member / New Owner with numerous questions

• Recently purchased a complete, early 65 K Code Convertible that had been purchased by a local collector. The vehicle was garaged in 1974 in running condition, very minor rust, no body damage. I am having it professionally restored.

I need help investigating its history. It was purchased by unknown person in Zurich, Switzerland shipped via New York. Does anyone know if VINs and registrations are searchable in Switzerland? The car is date coded July 21, 1965, so I would guess that it was registered in 65-69 in Switzerland. Owner, prior to collector purchased it used at a dealership in Norwich, CT. The previous title reveals that it was back in the USA in 09/70. I have title # and name of previous owner in CT. How can I search, get copies of old titles in Connecticut?

Any guidance or help will be greatly appreciated.

Bob

• Hi Bob

First of all welcome to the forum, there's a happy bunch of very knowledgeable people here to answer your questions.

Shoot me a pm with your VIN, I'll see what I can do about tracking the car in Zurich.

William

• Bob,

If you are having the car restored and it is being painted or stripped by media blasting you should coordinate the disassembly and authentication with your restorer. There will be numerous markings on the car that were used during assembly such as paint daubs and chalk marks and they are an important part of the history of the car. Congratuations on your K.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!