• I need to buy some new tyres for my fastback.I like the idea of fitting polyglas goodyear.. I know radials are better cheaper and the way to go but ,,,has any one had experience with them which ones did they fit. There seems to be loads of differant ones..I have 1965 fastback 15 inch rims

thanks steve

• Steve, If you are driving your fastback and not concerned about points at a show I would suggest using modern radial tires.

If you are using a stock size wheel (14" X 5") the correct size would be 19575R14 though some use the 20575R14 which is just a little larger than an original 695X14 Bias Ply would be.

• Thanks guys but I have 15 inch rims already,I want to create a muscle look .I agree radials are better by a mile but i will buy some to do track days ..The goodyears I like are E60 and F60 Polyglas Gt.. I know they came out a few years after 65 but I would like to think some guys fitted them. They cost alot of money so am keen to know if any one has a photo of a car fitted with them...

Thanks

Edited by - steve99 on 09/23/2008 12:55:16

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

...The Goodyears I like are E60 and F60 Polyglas Gt.. I know they came out a few years after 65 but I would like to think some guys fitted them. They cost alot of money so am keen to know if any one has a photo of a car fitted with them...

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I agree that the E60 and F60 15" Polyglas GT tires with raised white letters are great-looking tires. They define the musclecar era like no other vintage tires can. I'm not sure they will fit the early Mustangs without clearance issues. I've never seen any photos showing the "60" series on the 65-66 Mustangs. You'd probably have more success fitting the F70 or G70 series of Goodyear Polyglas tires. I used to run F70's up front and G70's at the rear on my former '65 Comet Cyclone with stock 14" wheels, and they fit fine with no interference. They almost looked as agressive as the 60 series...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!