Would changing paint color ruin value?

• One way to lower value is to put a poor quality paint job on a nice car.

Unless your car is concours repainting to a popular colour won't change the value unless you hit the right guy at the right time.

It's easy to over and under paint a car. Spend enough to keep the paint in line with the quality of the rest of the car.

There are lots of variables. Think it through.

• Are cars painted with the 64.5 only colors (i.e. B,F,S,Y,& Z) more desirable, rare and valuable if they match the Warranty plate date codes?

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Are cars painted with the 64.5 only colors (i.e. B,F,S,Y,& Z) more desirable, rare and valuable if they match the Warranty plate date codes?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I wouldn't consider "64.5" colors more rare or adding more value to a car.

• Rare and desirable are not always the same thing. Some colors might be rarer then others only for the reason that most people preferred another color. For example, red is not a rare color, but was and is desirable.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!