New member 66 Raven black fastback

• Hey all! Long time mustang fanantic. I recently lost a very dear person to me. Before he passed, he gave me his first car, a 1966 raven black K code GT fastback. It's been sitting since 73. We started disassembling it back in 03 to restore. Life got in the way many times, delaying progress as quickly as hoped, but we talked and dreamed of it being back on the drag strips constantly! Sadly I've resumed building this great car without him, but not alone. My son and son in law are eagerly working alongside of me! The pic is shortly after his purchase

• I too am sorry for your loss. Not the best way to end up with this prize but it sounds like he felt you were the best new caretaker of this Kar. We never really own these Kars but we are the caretakers to pass them on in the future.

Welcome aboard this forum as we have a great group of knowledgable people here.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• The kar is coming along slowly, unfortunately. There were a few more issues with the rear frame rails that i was hoping to fix with just new shackles. But upon further inspection, it would be smarter and safer to put new rear rails in. It's the right call, but tough to remove the original reinforced GT rails. So working on welding in new rails. Currently rebuilding the 4 speed and the hipo. Since they've been sitting since 73, both need a full rebuild. That motor and Kar was making 13 second 1/4 miles in the 70s, I'm hoping with some porting and extra love to do better!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!