• While cleaning up my garage I came accross a 4bbl intake with an engine tag on it that I can't seem to decode. It lists the engine code as 574-C.

I was unable to find that number in any of the online decoder lists. The tag states that it is a 289 with a 1964 build date. Can someone shed some light on what engine this tag identifies? I'm hoping it's my original intake and tag, I've run aluminum manifolds for decades.

• While cleaning up my garage I came accross a 4bbl intake with an engine tag on it that I can't seem to decode. It lists the engine code as 574-C.

I was unable to find that number in any of the online decoder lists. The tag states that it is a 289 with a 1964 build date. Can someone shed some light on what engine this tag identifies? I'm hoping it's my original intake and tag, I've run aluminum manifolds for decades.

The reason that you are having trouble finding this number is because it is not for a Ford. It is for a 65 Mercury Comet with an A code 289 engine. Mercury uses different codes for a lot of things, and you would need a Mercury MPC to find them.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!