american muscle car K Mustang

• watched the show Christmas eve, featured the 'small block screamers'.

when they did the hipo, they said it was equipped with a 480CFM Holley carb (the car in the pic was a Shelby, a little mixed info?). A while back, they talked about the 'Y-block' 390. I wonder if they get the Chevy info wrong.

Anyway, that 480 number has been around for ever. I long ago read that a 4v was a 470, the hipo a 480. Where did those numbers come from?

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

...when they did the hipo, they said it was equipped with a 480CFM Holley carb (the car in the pic was a Shelby, a little mixed info?).

Anyway, that 480 number has been around for ever. I long ago read that a 4v was a 470, the hipo a 480. Where did those numbers come from?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

From people who don't research their facts...

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

A while back, they talked about the 'Y-block' 390. I wonder if they get the Chevy info wrong. <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I wonder if they get <i>any</i> info right...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!