Correct Transmission

• Hi All,

I have acquired a 1965 K-code vert. It is missing the trans. The door tag shows a date of 09K, or October 1964 I assume. I have the 4th addition of the K-code registry and see cars close to mine (same production date actually). I was wondering if those cars had the HEH-T or HEH-BX trans. Which would be correct for mine? Mine is 5F08K317738. Thanks! Jack

• Jack, Your Kar uses an HEH-T regardless of what all of the Toploader identifier sites claim. Ford has an error in the MPC that was never fixed and all of the sites use this erroneous information as they do not really know. There is a slim possibility that I may have your original transmission as I have a few HEH-T transmissions. If you send me an email reminder, I will check on this when I return home.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Thanks Fred! New to this site and not sure how to find your email. Regardless, even if you don't have my factory trans, I would be interested in a date correct unit. Thanks again! Jack

• I just sent you an email.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!