• Looking for new 3/8" rod bolts/nuts, There are ARP 150-6004, but I am not happy with the knurling that jams it all together. I have access to 16, or 4 boxes of C40Z-6214-B bolts but no nuts and I am not sure they are 3/8" . I have the original bolts and nuts saved but I don't want to re-use them in this critical location.

• Official Post

The C4OZ 6214 B bolts are the correct 3/8" bolts if you have original Hipo 289 rods. The Hipo 289 rods have a C3AE-D casting number on them with square head bolts. The Boss 302 replacements for the Hipo 289 rod have just the C3AE casting number with football head bolts. I have several complete sets of NOS Ford 3/8" rod nuts. PM me if you need a set.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• So the rod are the correct C3AE-D's, but interestingly they all have the same oil hole location seen in the photo, this I think makes all eight rods right hand. Seems to support the rush to production these engines had. Not ideal but I believe this engine has always been this way. I will PM you on the nutsRod and Bolts.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!