C5SF B 4100 carb boosters

• I removed the boosters from a (C5SF B) 4100 Autolite i just picked up and looks all original, it has a BA secondary booster and a (KA) primary booster i believe this to be a 65 thunderbird 390 carb ,is the primary K A booster similar in performance flow to an (M) 289 HI PO primary booster

• I removed the boosters from a (C5SF B) 4100 Autolite i just picked up and looks all original, it has a BA secondary booster and a (KA) primary booster i believe this to be a 65 thunderbird 390 carb ,is the primary K A booster similar in performance flow to an (M) 289 HI PO primary booster

Chuck, the BA secondary boosters are common to many 4100 carburetors. Do you have an M or MA primary booster to compare your KA booster to for sizes?

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Thanks for the tip fred , i will need to remove it to compare them , whats the best way to measure them, - chuck.

Precision go / no go pin gauge sets to measure tiny orifices after keeping parts and tools at 73°F (room temperature) for 24 hours first. Industrially our test room was kept at 73°F and 50% RH.

Dan

• Dan thank you for your reply and guidance , i dont have those type of measuring tools , i thought of using a magnifying glass that might show some difference between the two, would the M booster have larger orifices than the KA booster,

• Dan thank you for your reply and guidance , i dont have those type of measuring tools , i thought of using a magnifying glass that might show some difference between the two, would the M booster have larger orifices than the KA booster,

I do not remember what is different among these parts anymore. The supports have multiple air bleeds and passages in multiple locations.

Dan

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!