Looking for my old K-GT Fastback 5R09K226979

• It is a long shot, but I will take it. I am looking for my old car 5R09K226979. It was a Rangoon red KGT with a black pony interior, rally pac, Cobra open letter valve covers & T pan. Original drivetrain.

After I restored it, it was in the July 1990 issue of Mustang Monthly as well as the cover.

I sold it in '91 when I bought a 65 Shelby. I sold it to someone that I believe lived in MD and worked at GE Capital. I lost his contact info. I am fairly certain that I saw it in a Mustang magazine (maybe Mustangs Illustrated) around 2000, but I believe it was then owned by a guy in CA named Paul. Any leads would be appreciated.

• sfm6sxxx,

I searched my vin database of over 300 entries and have not ran across your vin since I've been documenting vins in the last several years. If I do run across it I will contact you here, but your phone number would be quicker. Fred Ballard I believe also has a list of vins and he might chime in with some information.

Evan

Evan

6T09K134XXX

• It is a long shot, but I will take it. I am looking for my old car 5R09K226979. It was a Rangoon red KGT with a black pony interior, rally pac, Cobra open letter valve covers & T pan. Original drivetrain.

After I restored it, it was in the July 1990 issue of Mustang Monthly as well as the cover.

I sold it in '91 when I bought a 65 Shelby. I sold it to someone that I believe lived in MD and worked at GE Capital. I lost his contact info. I am fairly certain that I saw it in a Mustang magazine (maybe Mustangs Illustrated) around 2000, but I believe it was then owned by a guy in CA named Paul. Any leads would be appreciated.

Evan

My number is +17164620476

• Excellent news!! Your long shot paid off!!

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!