New PDF Edition of "Mustang & Ford Small Block V8, 1962-1969"

• For those who do not know, a little over 6 months ago I came out with a new PDF Edition of my book "Mustang and Ford Small Block V8, 1962-1969". PDF has all the corrections to the book and supplemental info for all chapters. Appendices have been expanded. Full parts listing and illustrations of engine parts and accessories, including obsolete numbers. High Performance appendix very much expanded. PDF Edition is not a copy of an updated book, but one designed for rapid navigation with thousands of links. For details, go to my brand new website at https://www.fordsmallblock.com. If you own a copy of the book already, email be at bobmannel@charter.net and I will give you a coupon code to reduce the price by $14 of the "PDF only" purchase. When you order, you will create an account on the website which will allow you to receive free updates to the PDF Edition when they occur. Bob Mannel

• The is only one edition of the book. Yes, there are mistakes in the book. Nothing too serious, but bothersome. For example, HiPo cranks were not stamped with hardness markings. They were visually inspected for nodularity -- hence the polished area on the early HiPo cranks. Also, C3AE-E heads are not HiPo heads. The PDF Edition has all the corrections incorporated. Plus, if new errors are discovered, new PDFs are posted, which anyone who has purchased the PDF Edition can download and replace that file for free. Details are on the website.

• The is only one edition of the book. Yes, there are mistakes in the book. Nothing too serious, but bothersome. For example, HiPo cranks were not stamped with hardness markings. They were visually inspected for nodularity -- hence the polished area on the early HiPo cranks. Also, C3AE-E heads are not HiPo heads. The PDF Edition has all the corrections incorporated. Plus, if new errors are discovered, new PDFs are posted, which anyone who has purchased the PDF Edition can download and replace that file for free. Details are on the website.

Bob,

As I recall, your book represents 17 years of research on your part putting it together. Am I correct here? The printed books used to come with a separate correction sheet. Do they still come with one?

On another subject, I am sure that Bob meant to type C5AE-E for the heads above and not C3AE-E. I chose not to correct it without your knowledge.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Fred, You are correct. C5AE-E was what I meant.

I started this project in 1981 after returning from an overseas tour of duty. The book was published in 1997. Work on the PDF version began a few years later and was released this past May. It continues to be an ongoing project. We never stop learning or hearing about new information.

The book no longer comes with a correction sheet because the PDF Edition serves that purpose. We all like a paper copy for reference, but as a practical matter, it is cost-prohibitive to publish revised editions. The PDF Edition allows the information to remain up-to-date and expanded at will. Plus, if anyone has used the PDF Edition, they probably have really enjoyed how rapidly the book can be navigated with the provided links.

Bob

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!