Used FoMoCo Weber Intake Manifold

• This used FoMoCo Weber intake manifold received no bids by March 29, 2020 and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• This used FoMoCo Weber intake manifold is back on Ebay again with a new much higher starting bid of $3,200.00 and a Buy-It-Now of $4,200.00:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1435853007…em=143585300799

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• This used FoMoCo Weber intake manifold received no bids by April 26, 2020 and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Here is an Ebay auction for a used FoMoCo Weber intake manifold by Ebay member "super-novass" with a starting bid of $9.99:

This is a vintage intake manifold that accepts four Weber downdraft carburetors such as 48IDA models. This intake fits Small Block Ford 260, 289, and 302 engines. This intake came out of an estate so I do not have any history on it. It has multiple casting numbers on it as shown in the pictures that include, "C4OZ-6B068-C", "FCA 1073 2", "S1CR 9423", and "RONWILL". I believe the C40Z-6B068-C is a Ford part number. A quick Google search shows this number as the Ford 4 Weber intake system first offered in 1964. I believe the "S1CR-9423" is a Shelby number. The "RONWILL" is likely the manufacturer that cast the intake. The FCA 1073 2 is a mystery to me. I have not been able to find another example of this intake online. I have seen others similar to it but none with a provision to accept a thermostat housing. Other have two coolant nipples coming out of the front in leau of the thermostat housing provision. I believe this to be a very rare factory prototype or one off design for a factory connected racer. This must have cost a lot to engineer and cast so it must have been done for a special and connected person/team. Don't miss this awesome intake.
    This intake is in awesome original condition as shown. It does not appear to have ever been used or installed. It was quite dirty when found from decades on a shelf. I used plastic media at low pressure to remove the dirt and debris without altering the original finish. There are no breaks, modifications, or repairs to this intake. All threads are mint with no helicoils or thread inserts. There is no pitting or other corrosion issues. There is also no porting or any other issues. The casting is very old and surprisingly heavy. You can be fairly certain you will never see another one of these. Don't miss this amazing intake!
    The last picture is from is from the 1964 Ford manual, "Ford Performance Tips From AK Miller". I posted this simply to show that Ford made a Weber Kit for the Small Block Ford that carried the same part number that is cast into this intake. The catalog can be found online and is not included in this listing.
    This is your chance to own the Small Block Ford intake for Weber downdraft carbs you have been dreaming about at NO RESERVE! That's right, the high bidder on this intake at auction end will be the proud new owner. Don't Miss Out!
    Check out my other listings for more rare and hard to find parts.

Small Block Ford Weber Intake Manifold C4OZ-6B068-C Shelby Mustang Cobra GT-40 | eBay

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Here is an Ebay auction for a used FoMoCo Weber intake manifold by Ebay member "super-novass" with a starting bid of $9.99:

This is a vintage intake manifold that accepts four Weber downdraft carburetors such as 48IDA models. This intake fits Small Block Ford 260, 289, and 302 engines. This intake came out of an estate so I do not have any history on it. It has multiple casting numbers on it as shown in the pictures that include, "C4OZ-6B068-C", "FCA 1073 2", "S1CR 9423", and "RONWILL". I believe the C40Z-6B068-C is a Ford part number. A quick Google search shows this number as the Ford 4 Weber intake system first offered in 1964. I believe the "S1CR-9423" is a Shelby number. The "RONWILL" is likely the manufacturer that cast the intake. The FCA 1073 2 is a mystery to me. I have not been able to find another example of this intake online. I have seen others similar to it but none with a provision to accept a thermostat housing. Other have two coolant nipples coming out of the front in leau of the thermostat housing provision. I believe this to be a very rare factory prototype or one off design for a factory connected racer. This must have cost a lot to engineer and cast so it must have been done for a special and connected person/team. Don't miss this awesome intake.
    This intake is in awesome original condition as shown. It does not appear to have ever been used or installed. It was quite dirty when found from decades on a shelf. I used plastic media at low pressure to remove the dirt and debris without altering the original finish. There are no breaks, modifications, or repairs to this intake. All threads are mint with no helicoils or thread inserts. There is no pitting or other corrosion issues. There is also no porting or any other issues. The casting is very old and surprisingly heavy. You can be fairly certain you will never see another one of these. Don't miss this amazing intake!
    The last picture is from is from the 1964 Ford manual, "Ford Performance Tips From AK Miller". I posted this simply to show that Ford made a Weber Kit for the Small Block Ford that carried the same part number that is cast into this intake. The catalog can be found online and is not included in this listing.
    This is your chance to own the Small Block Ford intake for Weber downdraft carbs you have been dreaming about at NO RESERVE! That's right, the high bidder on this intake at auction end will be the proud new owner. Don't Miss Out!

Small Block Ford Weber Intake Manifold C4OZ-6B068-C Shelby Mustang Cobra GT-40 | eBay

-Fred-

I don't know who made this intake or why or when but it is not a anything I ever knew about from Ford or Shelby in the 1960s. I have pictures of many versions of Ford and Shelby prototype and production intakes 1962-70 and none are remotely like the one offered.

The numbers cast into it are Ford Motor Company and Shelby American sales numbers for induction kits (intakes, linkages, carburetors, gaskets, and tuning manual) and not engineering numbers for factory intake castings. The C4OZ-C number is the Ford number for the kit using 48 IDM1/IDM5 carburetors sold over the counter listed at over $1,200 retail in 1963 through early 1964.

This is most of an unrestored C4OZ-6B068-C Ford Motor Company kit. It is missing all the linkage system required to install on an engine and the water neck and fuel log assembly.

IMG_3691.JPG

The S1CR number is a Shelby American number for a kit with 48 IDA/IDA1 carburetors mid 1964 through early 1967.

This is a 99% complete unrestored S1CR-9423 Shelby American kit.

MVC-005S.JPG

I read questions about whether or not Ford offered 260/289 c.i.d. 4-2V "Weber" induction systems for new Fords in the 1960s. Specifically some folks ask about Mustangs. The short answers are:

- No. 4-2V systems were not offered for new street cars factory installed EXCEPT Cobras and GT40s (only one new street Cobra was ordered and completed).

- Yes. Selected new Ford and Lincoln-Mercury competition only cars could be ordered with "Webers". At least one new 1965 MUSTANG GT350 competition car was so fitted for a customer in South America.

- Yes. Anybody could order kits through their local Ford / L-M dealer for any 260/289 powered Ford and have the dealer install it (or install it themselves). Ford used a Fairlane picture in advertising of systems.

This is the collection of kit data I have.

Carburetor(s) Used Ford Kit Number Suggested Retail Price / Year

48 IDM1 first then 48 IDM5 C4OZ-6B068-C $1,230.70 / 1963 early

48 IDM5 C4OZ-6B068-C $1,000 / 1963 late to early 1964

48 IDA or 48 IDA1 C5OZ-6B068-A $695.00 / 1964 mid

48 IDA or 48 IDA1 C5OZ-6B068-A $595.00 / 1964 late to 1965

48 IDA or 48 IDA1 S1CR-9423 (new intake design) $595.00 / 1964 through 1967

48 IDA1 S7WK-9423 $595.00 / 1967 (COUGAR lettered intake)

To give you some perspective. A well optioned VW(R) Beetle in 1963 was around $1,500 retail I think.

Exact designs of linkage and other ancillaries changed over time. Linkage systems started off being very complicated with lots of intricate small parts. The steel levers required were hand fabricated by Shelby American race shop employees as required. The S1CR-9423 system was a significant redesign with simple linkage system comprised of mass produced parts sourced mainly from Eelco(R)and Hilborn (R). By 1965 the systems of the day could be purchased through Ford dealers, Shelby's parts department, or Dean Moon's businesses.

Dan

Edited once, last by Dan Case: add detail (February 20, 2021 at 5:17 PM).

• Official Post

Here is an Ebay auction for a used FoMoCo Weber intake manifold by Ebay member "super-novass" with a starting bid of $9.99:

-Fred-

This used FoMoCo Weber intake manifold sold February 28, 2021 on Ebay for $1,237.12 with 38 bids from 20 bidders.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

-Fred-

This used FoMoCo Weber intake manifold sold February 28, 2021 on Ebay for $1,237.12 with 38 bids from 20 bidders.

-Fred-

There is a Ronwill Speed Ab company in Sweden that has a speed shop and Ford rally racing business.

Dan

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!