1967 K parts wanted

• Looking for a few items for my car, the build date was March 2, 1967.

Needed: correct fan (Found), distributor, cylinder heads (Found), and right side exhaust manifold (Found).

Please let me know what you have available.

Thanks in advance!
    Jeff

Jeff Horsman
    1967 K code Fastback four speed
    1966 Buick Gran Sport four speed
    1986 Buick T-type
    1978 Jeep Wagoneer

Edited once, last by Horsman (May 9, 2019 at 5:02 PM).

• Looking for a few items for my car, the build date was March 2, 1967.

Needed: correct fan, distributor, cylinder heads, and exhaust manifolds.

Please let me know what you have available.

Thanks in advance!
    Jeff

In regards to the type of fan, you may want to check in with some Shelby people on this as they had more 67 Hipos than Mustangs did. I personally have only had an October or November 1966 Hipo style fan which would have been for a 1967 model year. The Ford book calls for a C6OE-D fan which is a standard 4 blade fan that was used on standard 289 Mustangs in 1968. It was also used on 1966 Fairlanes with a 289 and T/E emissions. It was also used on 1967 full size Fords with a 289 and no A/C.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• In regards to the type of fan, you may want to check in with some Shelby people on this as they had more 67 Hipos than Mustangs did. I personally have only had an October or November 1966 Hipo style fan which would have been for a 1967 model year. The Ford book calls for a C6OE-D fan which is a standard 4 blade fan that was used on standard 289 Mustangs in 1968. It was also used on 1966 Fairlanes with a 289 and T/E emissions. It was also used on 1967 full size Fords with a 289 and no A/C.

-Fred-

Yes Fred, I think that is the fan I need from the little research I have done so far. Hopefully I can find some of these goodies for the car. Thanks for your reply.

Jeff Horsman
    1986 Buick T-type
    1978 Jeep Wagoneer

• Yes Fred, I think that is the fan I need from the little research I have done so far. Hopefully I can find some of these goodies for the car. Thanks for your reply.

I have a one set of 67 HiPo Heads and maybe another set, plus one 67 Drivers Side Exhaust Manifold. I'll get over to the shop and gets the dates to you later.

• I have a one set of 67 HiPo Heads and maybe another set, plus one 67 Drivers Side Exhaust Manifold. I'll get over to the shop and gets the dates to you later.

Thanks Marv.

Jeff Horsman
    1986 Buick T-type
    1978 Jeep Wagoneer

• I have a one set of 67 HiPo Heads and maybe another set, plus one 67 Drivers Side Exhaust Manifold. I'll get over to the shop and gets the dates to you later.

'67 Used Heads Set Castings, TE with Plugs, 6M22, Tested, $1800
    '67 Rebuilt Set Non-TE Heads, 6M8,Tested, $2400
    '67 Driver's Side Exhaust Manifold, Nice, 7/7/67, $200

Pictures upon request. Plus shipping from VA. I'll be posting more parts in the future

• Official Post

'67 Used Heads Set Castings, TE with Plugs, 6M22, Tested, $1800

Pictures upon request. Plus shipping from VA. I'll be posting more parts in the future

Marv,

Just out of curiosity, are both sets of head castings C5OE? I at one time had a C5OE casting that I believe had a 67 on it somewhere in the rocker area as it was a 67 model year date code and it was NOS. It was a non T/E head.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Marv,

Just out of curiosity, are both sets of head castings C5OE? I at one time had a C5OE casting that I believe had a 67 on it somewhere in the rocker area as it was a 67 model year date code and it was NOS. It was a non T/E head.

-Fred-

No Fred, all the '67s are C7 castings

• Official Post

No Fred, all the '67s are C7 castings

Thanks for the info, Marv. As I remember now the difference in the C5OE head that I had is that it had the extra material where the T/E holes would have been drilled.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Official Post

Thanks for the info, Marv. As I remember now the difference in the C5OE head that I had is that it had the extra material where the T/E holes would have been drilled.

-Fred-

Jeff, It appears that Marv has a good fan candidate for you if you determine that you need an actual Hipo type fan:

Used Fans, A67, Like New, $600,

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• '67 Used Heads Set Castings, TE with Plugs, 6M22, Tested, $1800

Marv,

I prefer a rebuildable tested set of non TE heads for this application. I have several feelers out. The manifold date code will not work. Thanks for letting know what you have. Push comes to shove I might pull the trigger on the rebuilt set for $2400.

Jeff Horsman
    1986 Buick T-type
    1978 Jeep Wagoneer

• Jeff, It appears that Marv has a good fan candidate for you if you determine that you need an actual Hipo type fan:

Used Fans, A67, Like New, $600,

-Fred-

Yes Fred, the ‘67 Non-TE heads have the extra material by the top left of the Exhaust port. I’ve seen different types of plugs in the TE heads. Some are recessed and use a common screwdriver and other are protruding above the port and are hex shaped.

• Yes Fred, the ‘67 Non-TE heads have the extra material by the top left of the Exhaust port. I’ve seen different types of plugs in the TE heads. Some are recessed and use a common screwdriver and other are protruding above the port and are hex shaped.

Fred, even though the heads are C7 castings, on the block side, in the middle, there is a “289” and a “65” underneath it.

• Official Post

Fred, even though the heads are C7 castings, on the block side, in the middle, there is a “289” and a “65” underneath it.

The plugs that Ford sold to plug the T/E holes had a special taper on the end to match what the T/E fitting sealed against. They are C6AZ 6052 A and they stick out of the hole and are hex head pieces. I have few NOS sets of these in stock. Even though these are listed for all engine sizes, they seem to mostly get used on 428 CJ and Boss 429 engines used for racing.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Official Post

The plugs that Ford sold to plug the T/E holes had a special taper on the end to match what the T/E fitting sealed against. They are C6AZ 6052 A and they stick out of the hole and are hex head pieces. I have few NOS sets of these in stock. Even though these are listed for all engine sizes, they seem to mostly get used on 428 CJ and Boss 429 engines used for racing.

-Fred-

The C7ZZ 6049 C Hipo replacement head kit came with 4) C6AZ 6052 A plugs and 4) C4OZ 6507 A intake valves. The intake valves were included because the early C3OE and C4OE heads had smaller C3OZ 6507 A intake valves. This helped to make these replacement heads backwards compatible.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Marv,

I prefer a rebuildable tested set of non TE heads for this application. I have several feelers out. The manifold date code will not work. Thanks for letting know what you have. Push comes to shove I might pull the trigger on the rebuilt set for $2400.

Part of the rebuilding process is testing the heads?

• Part of the rebuilding process is testing the heads?

Sorry Marv, I mis-spoke. What I was trying to say is I would like to find the correct set of cylinder heads that have been tested for cracks that I can rebuild myself. Basically a good re-buildable core. The other heads I have found are not correct for my application. I did send a private message to you with some questions about the cylinder heads you are selling. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks.

Jeff Horsman
    1986 Buick T-type
    1978 Jeep Wagoneer

• All items found except dual point distributor, please let me know if anyone has one available.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Horsman
    1986 Buick T-type
    1978 Jeep Wagoneer

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!