• Previous listing ended with 1 bid of $10,999.00

Seller was "860ms12345" in Enfield, CT

Previous listing info:

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Real 1965 Mustang HIPO Fastback 2 + 2 K-code

There is a bare shell of a k-code on the HIPO registry right now for 11k now- my car is very complete and I priced it low for a quick sale. I have had it just sitting around for a couple years now so it time to let it go.

This is a great project car that will retain its value when finished. You could finish it off as a driver or restore it into a 75k show car. This car is the real deal with the special rear-end snubber mount on the center of the rear floor pan, the dual exhaust brackets in the rear floors and the thicker sway bay- correct steering box, correct 9 inch wcz rear- even the original driveshaft. The engine/frame mount assembly alone is worth $800.-all HIPO only mustang traits. No other HIPO parts are included- only what’s shown. I believe this car was originally a Poppy Red non-GT car.

The car was done over by the last owner so the floors, rear quarters and outer wheelhouses are new. There frame looks to be solid but has a couple areas where the metal was reinforced with additional metal as show in the pictures. The roofs not perfect or the body work but the car looks very solid overall but was not restored to a quality I would like to see on a big dollar car, the paint has drips and its not a perfect car. You could probably finish assembling it and using it as is but a car this rare and valuable and deserves a full restoration. Bottom line is that the car needs some assembly and restoration but remember this is K-code FASTBACK so the nicer you do it the more money the car will be worth!

The car has the correct original rear and drive shaft as well as the HEH-T close ratio 4spd toploader. Look at the hipo registry- this is the correct tranny for an early 1965. The tranny has been gone through and I have a new clutch kit to go with the car. The motor and tranny are in the car but are just bolted together for transportation and need to be bolted and torque properly. The engine in NOT a HIPO motor, it was rebuilt to give the power of one. Its a 66 289 engine rebuilt with higher compression pistons, competition cam, new World heads, roller tip rockers, $300 alum oil pan, etc. The correct engine mounts are there but nothing else on or attached to the engine is HIPO (no fan, mains, heads, carb , etc).

It has new carpet, headliner and door panels, and a good dash etc. It needs seat covers. I put in a AT tranny pedel because I was going to put a performance automatic tranny in but I have the original clutch pedals so you can put it back original and use the 4spd.

The car is generally complete but will need a new engine compartment harness (mine was brittle and they are cheap) and a few other parts to be 100%. But its well worth a nice restoration job. I could sell it in parts and get more than my starting bid but I want someone to put her back together. I have new gas tank, tri-y headers for it and a bumper etc as show- I have a TON of money into this car!

It’s a poppy red car with black interior, console, steel style wheels with original 4 wheel drums.

The vin is stamped in three places on the fender aprons including the one exposed by the drivers side fender. The car is documented in the hipo registry in my name.

Just so I don’t get 1000 emails asking me if I have the hipo fan etc I want to make it clear that what you see is what you get, there are no other parts with the car other than what you see in the photos.

PLEASE READ: Vehicle is not operable or street legal at this time. Comes with the last registration from NY and bill of sale only. Its to old to be a title car in CT. Reserve the right to end the auction early because I have the car listed for sale elsewhere. I won’t be removing the car off ebay or selling early unless I have the full amount in cash on hand first. Selling car as is and buyer is responsible for pick-up. Please remember to ask any questions before you bid. This auction is a legally binding purchase agreement so bid to own!

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Q: hello,could you send me the door tag numbers please.not so much nterested in the vin number as i can see that in the pics.but the body paint trim and so on .thanks Jim Oct-19-08

A: Hello The info on the top line reads 63A, 3,26,16B,13,5,5

Edited by - 66tiger on 01/15/2009 01:03:18

• Car relisted on e-bay.

By seller: "shmatt1999"

In Bristol, CT

This listing info:

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Here is your chance to get a 1965 Mustang fastback at a steal- and it’s an actual K-code HIPO! I’m taking a gamble and selling this at No Reserve- you can’t even buy a rusted fastback junker at this starting price!

For you K-code Mustang fans, you will notice the special rear-end snubber mount on the center of the rear floor pan, the dual exhaust brackets in the rear floors, and the thicker sway bay- all HIPO Mustang traits. Has the quicker ratio steering box, original choke cable, and the VIN is stamped in three places (the data on the door tag picture above the VIN translates to poppy red exterior, fastback body, black interior, 4 speed, and 3.50 rear). Structurally, it looks real decent. There are some small parts and trim included that haven’t been installed yet, such as the new rear window chrome and the fold-down carpet, etc. The new carpet was already put in. Older paint isn’t perfect, and has some flaws, but could be used as is for a non-show car.

The car has the original 3:50 1965 Mustang 9 inch rear-end. I do not have the tranny, driveshaft, shifter, motor mounts, motor, carb, fan, etc. Just so I don’t get a ton of emails asking me if I have other hipo specific parts, I want to make it clear that what you see is what you get, there are no other parts with the car other than what you see in the photos.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/196…1QQcmdZViewItem

• Compared to the earlier auction, this Kar is missing even more Hipo components. There were not many to begin with anyway. About the only thing left now is the rear end and I am surprised that it is still there.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• The seller has now withdrawn the auction from Ebay as no longer available.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!