PCV HOSE & VALVE

• Chuck,

The picture below is from a 65 GT350 but the hose routing is the same for 66 and 67. Depending on the year the PCV valve wil either be the hex base, non-threaded C5AE stamped valve shown in the picture or the round body C6AE stamped valve, possibly a C7 valve for later 67's. Sometime in late 66 Ford swithced to the round body PCV valves.

Dave

[Blocked Image: http://www.1965gt350mustang.com/images/5s114_06.jpg]

Dave
    6S1757

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Chuck,

The picture below is from a 65 GT350 but the hose routing is the same for 66 and 67. Depending on the year the PCV valve wil either be the hex base, non-threaded C5AE stamped valve shown in the picture or the round body C6AE stamped valve, possibly a C7 valve for later 67's. Sometime in late 66 Ford swithced to the round body PCV valves.

Dave

[Blocked Image: http://www.1965gt350mustang.com/images/5s114_06.jpg]

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>Thanks for the reply Dave, i can see the heater hoses in the picture but not the pcv vacume hose route, i think they were ported to the rear of the intake manifold because there is no carb spacer that a cast iron 289 intake would have when a 4100 autolite carb is used , i have a 4100 autolite with a shelby intake without carb spacer to connect the pcv hose . chuck

• Chuck,

You are correct, the PCV hose connects to a brass tube connector that threads directly into the back of the intake. In the picture you can see the ring clamps for both the PCV side and intake side of the hose. No carb spacer was used on 65-67 GT350's so I believe they just used a standard PCV hose that would normally connect to the carb spacer and cut it to fit.

On original 66-67 Cobra intakes there is a second vaccum port next to the PCV port (towards the driver side) that was used for automatic cars. On 4-speed cars a threaded plug was used in that port.

Dave

Dave
    6S1757

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!