Rear quarter Extensions

• The ones that came on my car have been removed and both have provision for the gasket. The part #'s however don't match. The car is a 12/21/64 build date so I have two questions.

What is correct for a San Jose 12/21/64 build with a gasket or no gasket quarter extension ?

Should I have a part # beginning with C4ZB ??

or C5ZB

The number I have on one is C4ZB-13052-C 64114-15

What are these last numbers ???

What should I be looking for as I have a few matched pairs ?

Thanks

[Blocked Image: http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z466/GMeindl/IMG_0124.jpg?t%201296598619]

Edited by - GregM on 02/01/2011 17:18:32

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Charles, Would this also be true if a car had EARLY RED OXIDE NOS quarters?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I've got a red-oxide convertible quarter, NOS from about 1977 or so. The non-gasket quarter does not fit flush to the edge, it comes short by about 1/8". I brought this up a while back, while accidentally checking quarter extensions. The gasket extension does not fit an original '65 quarter, it hangs over the inner edge. The gasket extension fits the red-oxide quarter perfectly.

Edited by - caspian65 on 02/01/2011 21:23:09

• Thanks Charles! I've got bad fit on the left side of my car at the quarter extension/trunk lid-the trrunk lid sticks out just over 1/4" and I'm trying to find out why.My right side fits fine.

• I tested the fit of the non gasket quarter extensions and they fir nicely with the red oxide quarters on my coupe. It appears that the quarters were done very early in the life of this car as in 60ish.

Both they gasket and non gasket fit well. As with anything they all have to get fitted and gapped properly. A little massaging never hurts.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!