Correct Date for Fan

• The build date on my K engine is 6B17C. Can anyone tell me what the correct range of dates would be correct for my engine? I tried searching for the info but was unable to find what I was looking for. Thanks for any help given.

Gary

Edited by - garymcgowan on 05/29/2010 07:37:06

• The original fan on my friend's 66 Shelby with a

Ford number from San Jose indicating scheduled

build date of Jan 12, 1966 has a date of J65, i.e.

Sept.65.

/Bo

Edited by - BoS on 05/29/2010 14:41:19

• Thanks BoS. Is Jan 66 the build date for the car or the assembly date for the engine? This brings up another question. Was the fan date based on the assembly date of the engine or the build date of the car?

Thanks,

Gary

• Fans were often made in batches outside of Ford but under contract and date stamped when made, having nothing to do with the engine. So fan dates can be months before the engine or car. It just depends on how long it took to get low on stock before more were made. Some fans might be in the same month as the car and/or engine, but others months earlier.

• Gary, the original block in my 66 GT350 is long gone but near as I can tell the scheduled San Jose build date is 3/29/66. Still have the original fan which has an A66 date code.

Dave

Dave
    6S1757

• Hello Bob, how you been? So lets say an engine like mine was assembled on Feb 17, 1966 and the car show a projected assembly date in May of 66. Is it possible to have a fan with a date of Apr 66 and still be correct?

Have you had the time to do anything with the starter info yet?

Thanks for your help,

Gary

• I don't know of any cases where the fan date would be after the engine assembly month. The fan was part of the engine when tested, which would be done shortly after the engine was assembled.

Have not started on the starter motor stamping. It is just a low priority since it is not seen. I want to do the coil next.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!