• Just picked up an early 289HP engine this weekend and I had a question that I thought might be answerable here.....? This engine has a stamped steel oil pan with "kick-outs". The pan looks a little like a Cobra pan, but steel! The side parts are braised on, not welded. Inside the pan is four (4) oval cut outs for each kick. Two high and two low. These are about 1.25" X 1/2" in size. No baffles.

Anyone here seen this before? Home spun job? Considered Shelby regulat trick? April 1963 engine!

Mike

Been working on/parting out/and rebuilding these Classic Mustangs since 1989... All in the dry South West/San Diego, CA.

• Engine # starts on the first pad with a sideways "P" then a space and a "C". Second pad has the # 784. Don't know if this helps the I.D. or for everyone here. I sent pics to several members here so perhaps they could post them for me.......?

Mike

Been working on/parting out/and rebuilding these Classic Mustangs since 1989... All in the dry South West/San Diego, CA.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!