63 WATER PUMP I.D.

• I have a 289 aluminum C2OE-8505-C water pump ,date code March 63 with a 6 vane 3 hole cast iron impeller, the impeller diameter is 3.916 inches, casting number of impeller is (C30E-8512-A CAL-85) is this a standard 289 or 63 K code water pump .i have checked in Bob Mannels book and could not find a pump casting/impeller match to mine. thanks , chuck.

• On page 3-46 I show the C2OE-8505-C water pump. Your C3OE-8512-A impeller crosses to the C2OZ-8512-A part number, which Ford indicates is the standard 4.7" impeller. But, your description of 3.9" would seem to indicate a HiPo impeller. A picture of the impeller and casting number might help. According to Ford, the early HiPo impeller was part number C3OZ-8512-A with a engineering number (probably the same as the casting number in this case) of C2OE-8512-B.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

On page 3-46 I show the C2OE-8505-C water pump. Your C3OE-8512-A impeller crosses to the C2OZ-8512-A part number, which Ford indicates is the standard 4.7" impeller. But, your description of 3.9" would seem to indicate a HiPo impeller. A picture of the impeller and casting number might help. According to Ford, the early HiPo impeller was part number C3OZ-8512-A with a engineering number (probably the same as the casting number in this case) of C2OE-8512-B.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>Bob, i e-mailed you pictures of the pump and impeller let me know if they come through ok. chuck . jjz109@msn.com

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

On page 3-46 I show the C2OE-8505-C water pump. Your C3OE-8512-A impeller crosses to the C2OZ-8512-A part number, which Ford indicates is the standard 4.7" impeller. But, your description of 3.9" would seem to indicate a HiPo impeller. A picture of the impeller and casting number might help. According to Ford, the early HiPo impeller was part number C3OZ-8512-A with a engineering number (probably the same as the casting number in this case) of C2OE-8512-B.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote> Bob i e-mailed you the pump pictures you requested, chuck.

I have a similar pump it has the C20 body and C2 part number 6 vane 3 hole impeller. Brand new never used the box fell apart some time ago.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>Is yours a new or rebuilt pump what is the diameter of the impeller, chuck.

• The pump in brand new with gasket,it has C2OE-8505-C body 62 with 9 dots and 3 bars in circle.Has Ford logo and Sheffield. Impeller is C2OE-8512-A and is 4 11/16 in diameter.

Bolts up to C4-5 Covers just dosnt have the xtra metal shoulder for alt bracket bolts,as generator ones dont.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!